Ever feel like Eeyore looks on that mug? A while back, I was bursting with ideas for a new novel. But in the midst of nailing down thoughts and plots and opening lines, it was giving me a ton of trouble.☺
From enthusiasm to confusion to resignation, came rhyming words that matched my feelings. This is what emerged.
So, grab your choice of “libation” and enjoy a glimpse into my writing life! ♥
- Libation Monster mug of Earl Grey tea
- Ideation Heavy plotting, brain-busting thoughts
- Celebration Yesss! Got it!
- Destination Hmm, exactly where do I go from here?
- Elation Aha! There’s where I go from here
- Creation Mad-crazy typing, wondrous ideas—ah, purrrfect
- Evolution Well—maybe not so perfect
- Agitation Downright awful
- Frustration Did this really come from me
- Hesitation Well, surely I can make something out of it
- Procrastination But, maybe not right now
- Perpetration Hatch a plot to get rid of the evidence
- Assassination Just dispatch the whole thing
- Conflagration Delete, delete, delete, poof!
- Desolation Oh no, now I’ve done it
- Deforestation Pulling my hair out
- Resignation I really did just do that?
- Aberration Yup, you really did
- Prostration On my face in fervent prayer
- Re-creation It just might rise from the ashes
- Vacation But not until I get back!
“Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul.” ― Thomas Mann
Sometimes in life we need a break to simply laugh . . . with others and at ourselves.
God created us with the capacity to do just that. So laugh, then turn around and DO the thing!
Even frustration can become something to share, and it was fun to have this little piece end up published in a writers’ magazine.
“And He said to me, ’“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness’” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NKJV).
Anybody relate to this poetic saga?
I’d love for you to leave a comment.☺